Hello! It’s been a long time coming, but we’re proud to present… Scrolls 0.82!
It’s a massive update of fun, and the most significant patch since the Scrolls Alpha was released. It’s packed with gameplay tweaks, a new mode, a redesigned UI, new scrolls and more…
In an attempt to keep feedback somewhere we can easily locate and read, I’ve pinned a forum post at Scrollsfans.com. Once you’ve fiddled about with the new build, feel free to discuss/compliment/constructively criticise there.
Hot new features!
- Minimum deck size has been increased to 50 Scrolls!
- We’ve added the first iteration of our Challenge Mode. It’s part of our preparation for Scrolls’ single-player campaign and is still early in development, but it’s here for you to try out! Don’t forget to provide as much feedback as possible on that forum post I mentioned earlier.
- The battle interface has been redesigned. It’s slicker than before and in-keeping with the new menus.
- We’ve revamped the way you interact with your hand. Right clicking is old news. Now you left click a scroll whether you want to play it, or sacrifice for scrolls/resources. This change simplifies players’ actions, and works especially well for touchpads and one-button mice.
- In-line with the above, you now click the magnifying glass icon to magnify a scroll. Makes sense really.
- We’ve included new movement highlights, as suggested by mrvelvet on the forums. Massive props to that guy.
- The post-match screen has been updated. There’s a new layout, your avatar is displayed in all its glory, and changes to your rank are made clear.
- Female avatars are now present! Get your girlfriends /sisters/mums to play!
- We’ve tweaked the avatar designer so it’s clear what’s going on.
- Lobby chat has been improved! Chats are now colour coded, scrolling behavior has been improved, and personal notifications now flash in-game.
- We’ve added audio notifications for chat messages, personal messages, match invites, found matches, and completed trades. You can toggle these on or off via the settings menu if you’re an anti-noise kind-of person.
- The store has been revamped. You’ll find new purchase options, including a limited amount of face-up cards, booster packs, and random scrolls of specific resources. Shopping is now significantly more fun.
- The Deck Builder has been improved with some advanced search options. Use t: word to search in type/subtype, and d: word to search through the descriptions. For example, t: spell d:countdown finds all spell scrolls that can modify countdowns. Simple(ish)!
- Token units now have “Token” in their description to help you identify them.
- Vaettr of the Wild (Growth)
Stats: 1/2/1. Cost: 2.
When Vaettr of the Wild comes into play, increase growth by 1. When Vaettr of the Wild leaves play, decrease growth by 1.
- Wildling (Growth).
Stats: 0/1/4. Cost: 4.
When a creature is summoned adjacent to Wildling, Wildling is dealt 1 damage and its attack is increased by 1.
- Mangonel (Order).
Stats: 3/3/2. Cost: 3. Lobber.
When Mangonel comes into play, all Mangonels have their countdown set to that of the lowest countdown of any Mangonel you control.
- Imperial Resources (Order).
Draw 2 scrolls. Your idols are healed by 1. All your units are healed by 1. Increase order by 1.
- Divine Mark (Order).
When enchanted creature is destroyed, it is returned to owners hand. If it was killed by damage from another unit, that unit is returned to its owner’s hand.
- Tool Initiate (Energy).
Stats: 2/2/3. Cost: 2.
When Tool Initiate’s countdown is 0, you may increase its countdown by 1 to increase target structure’s attack by 1.
- Clock Library (Energy).
Stats: 0/4/5. Cost: 4. Structure.
When countdown is 0, sacrifice clock library to draw 3 scrolls.
- Machination Mindset (Energy).
Enchanted creature is relentless.
- Concentrate Fire (Energy).
Target unit with Ranged or Lobber will make an extra attack after its next attack.
- Metal Heart (Energy).
Target creature gains attack equal to the number of structures you control until end of turn.
- Bombard (Energy).
All units with Ranged or Lobber attack get their countdown set to 0.
Tweaks to existing scrolls
- Frostbeard has been changed from rarity 1 to rarity 0.
- Mangy Wolf has been changed from rarity 1 to rarity 0.
- Essence Feast For each unit you control, heal your idol on the same row by 1. Beast creatures deal double damage to idols this turn.
- Finer lines/detail on male avatar heads
- Improved desert, castle battle background images
- Improvements have been made to card list performance. The trade and sell views should run significantly smoother
- Multiplied all gold rewards and store prices by ten
- The resource icons for Growth, Order and Energy have been updated
- New animation for visual feedback on spell casting
- The task bar no longer flashes orange when tabbed out and using Windows
- Changed have been made to how the framerate is limited.
- The sound system has been rewritten, fixing a number of sound-related bugs.
- Blessing of Haste now works on opponent units.
Don’t forget to give us feedback people! The team is looking forward to hearing your views.
Owen – @bopogamel