Greetings righteous partisans!
Apologies for the unforseen onslaught, but I have new orders: Honk the Horn of Ages and prepare for a sudden eruption of untainted thought traps! This update is supercharged eclipse, a violent dispersal of Scrolls nutrition, a monstrosity which will electrify you to the end of reason with its law memorial-worth of features, tweaks, and odd sentiments such as “Owls no longer betray players.”*
As mentioned in our last post, lots of these tweaks – including the improved tutorial, easy to earn starter decks, and clearer visual feedback – are designed to ease new players into the game. That said, we’re also making steps to improve competitive play by including new traits, loads of balance changes, and import/export options for custom decks.
We’re also providing Windows users access to our brand-new installer and launcher with this update, and would really appreciate any feedback. It’s at its final stages of testing, but we’re not making it mandatory just yet. If you’d like to give it an early try, hit the link below and then run the installer.
Download the new launcher (Windows only)
Please post any launcher feedback and bug reports in this thread. Thanks!
Read on for the full changelog.
*Don’t worry – unless specifically requested, I won’t try the integrate-scrolls-names-into-copy thing again.
- The test server is now open for all players every Monday CET/CEST
- All players now start with a new Growth starter deck. Three other starter decks (one for each remaining faction) can be earned by playing matches.
- Added a second tutorial.
- Improved visual feedback when opponent uses spells, enchantments and abilities.
- Decks can now be imported and exported in the deck builder. If you try to import a deck and don’t own all the scrolls, you will be informed which ones you’re missing.
- Added card owner history to card stats.
Added 40 new sounds
- Replenish: When this scroll is played, your current Wild is increased equal to the scroll’s cost.
- Resonance: [Action]: When you play a Spell, [Action] happens.
- Magic armor X: All non-combat damage dealt to unit is reduced by X.
- Unstable X: When unit is destroyed, it deals X damage to your opponent’s idol on the same row.
- Taxing X: When this scroll is played, subsequent castings of scrolls with the same name have their cost increased by X. Thanks to Squiddybiscuit for the suggestion.
- Quake (Growth): Cost 5 (was 6), added Taxing: 2.
- Violent Dispersal (Energy): Now deals 8 damage instead of destroying its target immediately.
- Damning Curse (Decay): Added Taxing: 1.
- Puppet Soldier (Decay): Now only triggers on combat damage.
- Darkstrike (Energy): Cost 4 (was 3).
- Vigor Extraction (Order): Cost 3 (was 2).
- Return to Nature (Decay): Added Taxing: 1.
- Energy Siphon (Decay): Now increases current Energy by 3 instead of Energy by 1.
- Leeching Ring (Growth): Added Magic armor 1.
- Elan Vital (Growth): Added Magic armor 1.
- Oak Blood (Growth): Added Magic armor 1.
- Bloodboil (Growth): Cost 2 (was 1), added Replenish.
- Seed of Insurgency (Growth): Cost 5 (was 6).
- Unleash Inner Power (Growth): Cost 3 (was 4).
- Binding Root (Growth): Now decreases Move by 2 (was 1).
- Rigged (Energy): Added Unstable 1.
- Plating (Energy): Cost 2 (was 1), added Replenish.
- Resonant Helm (Order): Magic armor 1. Resonance: Enchanted unit is Healed by 2. Castable on both sides.
- Faith Chains (Order): Cost 2 (was 3).
- Soldier’s Bond (Order): Added Replenish.
- Pilgrim’s Feet (Order): Added Magic armor 1.
- Vengeance Veil (Order): Cost 2 (was 1), added Replenish.
- Stifled Advance (Order): Added When Stifled Advance comes into play, enchanted unit’s Countdown is increased by 1.
- Wicked Being (Decay): Curse 3 (was 2), added Unstable 1.
- Reaping Mask (Decay): Now always gives +3 Attack and Health, added Unstable 3.
- Pestis (Decay): Cost 2 (was 3).
- Morbid Curiosity (Decay): Cost 2 (was 4).
- Cursed Presence (Decay): Now gives Curse 2 against creatures, 4 against structures (was 1 / 2).
- Essence Feast (Growth): Cost 2 (was 4).
- Wildling (Growth): Cost 3 (was 4).
- Echomaton (Energy): Now triggers on Attack 4+, but gets Attack before being destroyed by an opponent spell.
- Wings Captain (Order): Attack 3 (was 4)
- Wings Warder (Order): Ward now applies only to other units on the row (no longer affects self).
- Woodland Memorial (Order): Now triggers if you destroy it with a damage spell.
- Loyal Darkling (Decay): Uses new Unstable 2 trait.
- Each scroll now has a stats view. It works like a separate “page” on the scroll that can be displayed instead of the rules.
- AI improvements.
- When selecting a scroll, other scrolls will have their costs grayed out if they can’t be played after the selected one.
- Added animation for when units are cursed.
- Added new animation for generic area effects.
- Watch games list is now sorted by rating per default.
- Locked scrolls can now be upgraded if combined with two non-locked ones.
- Screenshot are now automatically saved to disk when pressing F5 or Print Screen.
- Added deck filtering to choose deck popups.
- Added 15 new Hard AI decks. Thanks to Blinky for providing the new Hard AI decks introduced with last patch. Additional thanks to Rotzbengel and Sysp for design on the DO Poison and GO Joes decks.
- Added /mods command to list currently online moderators.
- Added some moderator commands and functionality.
- Removed Herobrine.
- Fixed resolution issues in rank display.
- Purifying Nuru’s Needle now properly restores Move.
- Tutorial games can no longer be spectated.
- Owls no longer betray players.
- Metal Wonder now deals its damage even if killed by spell damage.
- Fixed issues with Void Gate/Blast Strike and Woodland Memorial.
- Fixed bug where player could be unable to sacrifice after doing a mulligan.
- Scrolls with Taxing get incorrect costs in the card history.
- The achievements for unlocking new starter decks are not correctly updated in the achievements list. The unlocking works as intended.
Thanks for reading everybody!
Owen – @bopogamel