Welcome to Scrolls
June 22, 2016 - Changelog 1.4.4 (client 1.4.2)
- Just Conviction (Order): Now only affects soldiers.
- Appurtenance (Growth): No longer has hidden Replenish.
- Vitriol Aura (Growth): Can no longer be placed on structures.
June 25th live stream and tournament
June 9, 2016
Community member Magpieman is hosting a live stream and accompanying tournament on Saturday the 25th of June. Some of our most dedicated community members are working together to make this a cool event. Check it out!
- Stream starts at 2PM GMT on June 25th (3PM BST / 4PM CEST / 10AM EST / 9AM CST)
- For full details, see the Scrolls subreddit
Shard changes and balance tweaks
September 29, 2015 - Changelog 1.4.2 (client 1.4.2)
Shards and demo upgrades
- Please be aware that any existing shards will expire when the servers shut down on or after July 1st, 2016. If you have any shards on your account, be sure to use them before that time.
- Due to updated legal requirements, effective today, users can no longer purchase shards.
- Purchasing full account upgrades is still possible, but only via mojang.com. If you attempt to upgrade from within the game, you will be redirected to the website.
- Gloomstone Treaty (Decay): Linger 7 (was 5). Now counts down when triggered.
- Grisly Graft (Decay): Cost 2 (was 3).
- Harvester (Decay): Is now properly localized.
- Uhu Longnose (Energy): 3 Attack (was 2).
- Excogitator (Energy): Cost 5 (was 6). Countdown 4 (was 3).
- Banner of Ordinance (Order): Now deals 2 pure damage to self instead of sacrificing.
- Metempsychosis (Order): Can now target opponent units.
- Ducal Spearman (Order): 2 Attack (was 1). Spiky 2 (was 3).
- Keeper's Pledge (Growth): Cost 3 (was 2).
- Disabled quick match, and enabled ranked matches for demo users. We're hoping this will make it easier for players to find matches quickly, as we're no longer separating the player base.
- From now on, we will not award capes to five-time weekly winner champions.
- Removed Herobrine.
- For additional licenses, see https://www.scrolls.com/licenses.txt .
Echoes bug fixes
July 1, 2015 - Changelog 1.4.1 (client 1.4.0)
- Bountiful Times (Growth): Cost 2 (was 3) (bug fix).
- Essence Feast incorrectly drew any creature instead of a Beast.
- Erode description read '3 damage' when it did 2.
- When clicking Sister of the Owl's description, Owl short description had wrong stats.
- Plate Armor's description said +1 Health, when it was +2.
- Nutrition's description said it had replenish, when it didn't.
- 'Play again' when losing a custom campaigns match now restarts the current game.
June 29, 2015 - Changelog 1.4.0 (client 1.4.0)
- Arthritis (Decay): Now deals base Countdown as damage instead of 1.
- Bitter Root (Decay): Now has Poisonous. Health 3 (was 2).
- Atrophy (Decay): Now lasts until unit's next attack (was until end of turn).
- Monstrous Brood (Decay): Reworked: Cost 5. Cost 5. Target creature you control and connected creatures are destroyed, and each is replaced by a Monstrosity.
- Morbid Curiosity (Decay): Cost 3 (was 2). Now draws a scroll when enchanted creature is destroyed.
- Infected Gravelock (Decay): Cost 1 (was 2), 2 Health (was 3).
- Pest Dissimulator (Decay): 2 Attack (was 1).
- Unforeseen Onslaught (Decay): Slayer now lasts until affected units' next attack.
- Sanctuary of the Lost (Decay): Now also gives Magic resistance 1 to Undead.
- Atrophy (Decay): Atrophy debuff now expires when intended [bug fix].
- Beetle Stone (Decay): Added Unstable 2.
- Infectious Blight (Decay): Now properly goes in discard pile when leaving the battlefield [bug fix].
- Doomteller (Decay): Game now ends properly after winning with Doomteller [bug fix].
- Supercharged (Energy): Now activates when it comes into play in addition to start of turn.
- Catapult of Goo (Energy): Cost 2 (was 3).
- Ember Bonds (Energy): Now deals 3 damage (was 2).
- Snargl (Energy): 5 Health (was 4).
- Snargl Brain (Energy): Now gives +3 Health (was 2).
- Inferno Blast (Energy): Cost 2 (was 3).
- Gravelock Burrows (Energy): Now has Linger 8 (was 5).
- Metal Heart (Energy): Reworked: Cost 2. Enchanted creature counts as an Automaton, and its Attack is increased by the number of other Automatons you control.
- Golem Skin (Energy): Now deals 1 damage to your structures (was 2).
- Electrify (Energy): Cost 3 (was 2). Now attacks for 2 damage (was 1).
- Siege Cracker (Energy): 4 Health (was 3).
- Rigged (Energy): When enchanted structure is destroyed, opponent units on the same row are dealt 2 physical damage.
- Blast Strike (Energy): Cost 1 (was 2).
- Scattergunner (Energy): Attack 5 (was 4).
- Gravelock Elder (Energy): Attack 4 (was 3).
- Excogitator (Energy): Cost 6 (was 5).
- Wind-up Automaton (Energy): 2 Health (was 3).
- Rigged (Energy): Text now clearly states its effect only triggers when destroyed in combat [bug fix]..
- Vitriol Aura (Growth): Now has Poisonous (used to only poison on attacking).
- Illthorn Seed (Growth): Now gives Spiky 1 to enchanted unit.
- Ancestral Pact (Growth): Linger 5 (was 4).
- Totem Mask (Growth): Cost 3 (was 5). Now gives +2 Attack and +1 Health (was +2/+2) when structures come into play.
- Essence Feast (Growth): Reworked: Cost 4. Idols you control are healed by 1. Beasts get +2 Attack until end of turn. Draw 1 Beast.
- Hymn (Growth): Reworked: Cost 1. Now has an Inferno Blast-like area. Affected units are healed by 3.
- Elan Vital (Growth): Regeneration 2 (was 1).
- Bountiful Times (Growth): Cost 2 (was 3).
- Unground (Growth): Now rounds up instead of down.
- Gusty Izulr (Growth): 6 Health (was 5).
- Frostbeard (Growth): Now triggers when destroyed on opponent's turn (was 'when destroyed in combat').
- Sister of the Bear (Growth): 5 Attack (was 4).
- Outcast Rebel (Growth): 2 Health (was 3). Now has Inspiring: +1 Attack.
- Owl (Growth): 2 Health (was 1).
- Consolidator Niara (Growth): 4 Attack (was 2). Buff now only gives +1 Attack.
- Breaker (Growth): Now gets +1 Attack and +1 Health after dealing damage.
- Fierce Tactics (Growth): Now additionally gives opponent ranged units Curse 1 until end of turn.
- Leeching Ring (Growth): Now heals by Attack value (used to heal by 2).
- Callback (Order): Cost 3. Target unit you control is returned to your hand, and your current Order is increased by the unit's cost.
- Wings Soldier (Order): 2 Attack (was 3). Now has Creature strike 2.
- Stormknight (Order): 5 Health (was 4).
- Wings Sorceress (Order): Ability now removes all enchantments and effects (used to only remove last).
- Fields of Strife (Order): Cost 2 (was 3).
- Soldier's Bond (Order): Now counts down other units on the same row (used to be units behind it).
- Faith Blessing (Order): Reworked: Cost 2. Target unit you control takes 2 magic damage. Your opponent's idol on that row is dealt 2 damage, and your idol is healed by 2.
- Just Conviction (Order): Reworked: Cost 2. When a Soldier you control is destroyed, its Attack is added to a random adjacent creature until its next attack.
- Crown of Strength (Order): Enchanted unit now counts as a Knight.
- Plate Armor (Order): Now gives +2 Health (was +1).
- Mystic Altar (Order): Cost 2 (was 3).
- Can now play the same custom match again after losing against the AI.
- Added background(backgroundName) - backgroundName is the same names as in the Settings menu, for example 'grasslands'.
- Added chooseDifficulty() - lets the user choose the AI difficulty of the challenge.
- Added ecSurvive(toRound) - player wins the match if they survive until the specified round.
- Custom skirmish matches now have a check box next to them if completed.
- Custom game search field is no longer cleared when entering a match.
- Updated Judgement scroll weights to make comeback scrolls more common, and treaties more uncommon.
- Tier 2 and 3 scrolls now give 3x and 9x more gold when sold to the shopkeeper.
- Now shows more matches in the replay list when filtering by game type.
- Fixed a number of sifting-related bugs.
- Fixed bug with multiple whisper chat rooms from the same user.
- The Judgement deck builder no longer sorts scrolls by resource.
- AI can now properly use limitless wild.
- Sleep Moratorium now takes taxing into consideration.
- Fixed rated custom games sometimes not showing their rating.
- Magma Thrower now has a proper attack animation.
- Spectated matches should no longer desynchronize.
- Fixed bugs related to avatars and idols in replays.
Set 7: Echoes
June 9, 2015 - Changelog 1.3.0 (client 1.3.0)
- Introducing our new set: Echoes! This includes 60 all-new scrolls, replays, custom matches, new Judgement, and much more.
- Explorer's packs have been updated to Echoes (no longer has increased chance to give Waypoints scrolls).
- A large balance patch for existing scrolls is being worked on, and should go live in the near future.
- Added 60 Echoes scrolls. Huge congratulations to the winners of the Echoes scroll design competition: TheJakyll, gaver10, uwlryoung, and EyeTheta!
- Gravelock Freak (Energy): Now only triggers off units you control.
- Golem Skin (Energy): Fixed a crash bug in trials [bug fix].
- Feedback Jolt (Energy): Reworked: Cost 3. Each opponent unit is dealt 2 magic damage per attached enchantment. Reasoning: We're hoping it will better counter stacked enchantments, without hampering viability of regular decks with enchantments.
- Shroud of Unlife (Decay): The added Undead subtype can no longer be removed by Purification or similar.
- Bog Hound (Decay): Dominion: +3 Attack (was 2).
- Slithering Form (Decay): Now has Magic resistance 2.
- Unbind (Decay): Reworked: Cost 3. Destroy target enchanted unit.
- Flesh Animator (Decay): Now only counts down your own Undead.
- Anima Conduit (Decay): Fixed a bug where it could spawn too many units [bug fix].
- Halls of Oum Lasa (Decay): Fixed a bug where it would cause a crash in the latest test patch [bug fix].
- Efficiency (Order): +2 Attack (was 1).
- Pother (Order): Changed its interaction with Lockling Brood to be more consistent with things like Burn and Soul Steal.
- Caravans of the Expanse (Order): Now has Dominion: +1 Attack to your units, and activates other Dominion traits.
- Wings Charger (Order): Now has 5 Health (was 4).
- Eternal Sword (Order): Fixed a duplication issue in trials [bug fix].
- Prisoners of War (Order): Updated text to better match the rules [bug fix].
- Brother of the Wolf (Growth): Now counts up by 2 instead of resetting Countdown when activating ability.
- Berserker (Growth): Now has 5 Health (was 4).
- Nog Nest (Growth): Can no longer be saved from self-destruction with Appurtenance.
- We've reset the ladder. Now's your chance to reach the top!.
- Starting now, and every 8th week (synchronized with weekly rewards), the ladder will be automatically reset.
- Gold rewards for Skirmish, Quick, and Ranked matches has been significantly increased. Additionally, you now have a chance of earning a scroll after finishing a match without surrendering.
- Judgement reward levels have been increased.
- Added avatar part rewards for the top 50 players on the ladder each week.
- Added avatar part rewards for the top 25 players on the ladder at the end of each season.
- Added custom matches. This is a feature that lets you define custom rules for the match before it is played, and play with them against the AI or a friend.
- Starting a custom match can only be done from the PC client, but mobile users can accept custom match invites from others.
- More information about custom matches can be found here.
- Added replays to the 'Watch games' view [PC only].
- The replay control bar can be hidden or shown by pressing F3.
- Keyboard control: Left arrow to start over, right arrow to fast forward, up arrow to pause/unpause.
- Replays are saved for up to 9 days before being deleted.
- Replay visibility is based on your spectator setting at the time the match is played. For example, if your setting at the time was 'Allow, but hide chat', any user can replay the match, but won't see your chat.
- Replays are not guaranteed to be compatible between versions.
- Judgement has been reworked. You can now sacrifice freely for Wild, and idols have 6/8/10/8/6 Health.
- You now pick only 35 scrolls when drafting the pool for your Judgement deck (instead of 45).
- Some scrolls have been individually weighted to be less common in Judgement (mostly ramp, Surge, and powerful commons).
- You can now view your Judgement deck (but not your sideboard) by clicking Judgement in the Arena, and then choosing 'Deck options' -> 'View deck' [PC only].
- Made enchantment glow more visible (!)
- Added two Echoes preconstructed decks to the store.
- Added several new Echoes decks to the Hard AI, courtesy of Atmaz and Blinky.
- Clicking the spectator icon in the top right corner of the battle screen now shows who's watching you.
- You can now sell up to 20 scrolls on the black market (up from 10).
- Increased max number of users in chat rooms to 100.
- Hovering the card history in matches now shows visual indicators on the board. This is still work in progress.
- Test server should now always be open to everyone [bug fix].
- Removed Herobrine [bug fix].
- The timer for upcoming matches is now back in the Watch Live Games screen.
Hot off the press
Most of the above changes have been on the test server for some time. Below are a few last-minute tweaks and balance changes that were not included in the latest test server patch.
- Blast Automaton (Energy): 2/2/4 (was 3/2/3).
- Wind-up Automaton (Energy): Now costs 3 to activate ability (used to cost 2).
- Controlled Lightning (Energy): Cost 2 (was 3).
- Battle Dance (Energy): Cost 4 (was 3).
- Gloomstone Treaty (Decay): Now only works during opponent's turn.
- Stone Recluse (Growth): Now gives +2 Attack and Relentless when pillaging (was +3 and Relentless).
- Custom matches: Added nextGame(author, levelName). Adds a 'Play next' button leading to another custom match, shown if you win.
- Custom matches: Added buffUnit(playerSide, enchantmentName, row, column). Buffs a specific unit at the start of the game.
The Great Rebalancing
February 19, 2015 - Changelog 1.2.0 (client 1.2.0)
- Added a new 'introduction' tutorial to show new players what a full-scale battle might look like.
- Added scroll rewards to the tutorials and the first three easy trials.
- Reworked the end screen to make it more attractive.
- Added new avatars, avatar heads, and idols to the store, and made them cycle randomly each week.
- New trait: Poisonous. When a creature damages or is damaged by the poisonous unit in melee combat, that creature becomes poisoned.
- You can now whisper to offline users. Such whispers will be shown when the recipient comes online.
- Daily trials can now include spells being cast throughout the match (added previously, but has not been in a changelog).
- Earthborn Mystic: 3 Health (down from 4).
- Crone: 3 Health (up from 2). Ability is now 'When destroyed in combat' rather than 'when destroyed in melee combat'.
- Fierce Tactics: Cost 3 (down from 4).
- Earthbond: Now has Magic resist 2 (was 1).
- Verdant Veil: Cost 4 (up from 3).
- Vitriol Aura: No longer useable on structures [bug fix].
- Miasma Well: Reworked: Cost 3, 0/2/3. When Countdown becomes 0, a random opponent creature becomes poisoned.
- Cluster Hex: Cost 5 (up from 3), gives Curse 2 (up from 1).
- Oum Lasa High Guard: Now 5/2/5 (was 6/2/4).
- Halls of Oum Lasa: Now sifts from a random selection from the discard pile.
- Mudo Fighter: Magic resistance 2 (up from 1).
- Infected Gravelock: Is now Poisonous (used to only inflict poison on attacking).
- Mangy Rat: Is now Poisonous (used to only inflict poison on attacking).
- Festering Freak: Is now Poisonous (works the same as before).
- Atrophy: Now reduces the unit�s Attack to 0 until end of opponent�s next turn. It cannot be increased during the duration.
- Blightseed: Cost 3 (down from 4).
- Corpus Collector: The summoned husk now has Countdown 2.
- Totem of Suffering: 4 Health (up from 3).
- Beetle Stone: Cost 1 (down from 2).
- Monstrous Brood: Cost 4 (down from 5).
- Unforseen Onslaught: Corrected spelling [bug fix].
- Morbid Curiosity: No longer playable on structures [bug fix].
- Pestis (Decay): No longer usable on structures [bug fix].
- Imperial Resources: No longer heals units.
- Righteous Partisan: 2 Attack (down from 3).
- Gallant Defender: 1 Attack (down from 2).
- Prisoners of War: Now also increases current Wild by 1.
- Wings Spear: Cost 2 (down from 3). Dominion Spiky decreased to 2 (down from 3).
- Royal Spearman: Spiky 3 (up from 2).
- Ducal Spearman: Spiky 3 (up from 2).
- Ruse: Linger 3 (down from 4). Units you control have Spiky 2 (up from Spiky 1).
- Stifled Advance: Now increases Countdown by 2 (up from 1).
- Metempsychosis: Now preserves the countdown of the resummoned unit.
- Redeploy: Cost 2 (down from 3).
- Shrine: Now reads 'Other units you control have +1 Health'.
- Reversal: Cost 2 (was 3).
- Pother: Now properly destroys Lockling Brood [bug fix].
- Automata Forge: 4 Health (down from 5).
- Hired Marksman: 4 Health (up from 3).
- Cannon Automaton: 5 Health (up from 4).
- Snargl Brain: Now gives health if energy is 4 or more (used to trigger at 6).
- Catapult of Goo: Units hit now have their Countdown increased by 2 (up from 1).
- Fulmination Conduit: 4 Health (up from 3).
- Snargl Hunter: Now triggers on damaging non-Human creatures (used to trigger on destroying Beasts).
- Golem Skin: Now deals 2 damage to structures instead of sacrificing them.
- Typing spaces should now work in the Android version.
- AI is no longer confused by Pillar of Fatigue.
Idols & decks
January 19, 2015 - Changelog 1.1.0 (client 1.1.0)
- You can now choose which idols you bring to the battlefield. Everyone starts with two, and more can be purchased in the store.
- Added six new decks to the store. Congratulations to our deck design competition winners: kehmesis, Yann, Exscalab3r, SpyC, Magpieman and Holofoil!
- Added support for redeeming codes for ingame items in the store.
- Fixed achievement pane sometimes appearing on the profile page when it shouldn't.
January 12, 2015 - Changelog 1.0.1 (client 1.0.0)
- Vengeance Veil (Order): Countdown once again reduced by 1 (was 2).
- Banner of Ordinance (Order): Now correctly has Countdown 1.
December 12, 2014 - Changelog 1.0.0 (client 1.0.0)
- Today marks the official launch of Scrolls on PC, OSX, and Android. This includes both the full game and demo version. An experimental Linux client is also available.
End of beta
- A huge thank you to all our beta testers! You've been amazing. Each beta user has been awarded a special avatar head.
- Added two new achievements for scroll collections.
- Adjusted appearance of demo users in chat.
- Made it more clear that demo users can't be traded with.
- Added link to create demo account when trying to login with Mojang account without Scrolls.
- Fixed disappearing scrolls in deck builder if adding more than ~130 to the table.
December 4, 2014 - Changelog 0.135.2 (client 136)
- This patch introduces the Scrolls demo mode, letting players try out the game before purchasing it. This feature is still in testing, and we're not yet ready to announce it on our websites. Any help testing this would be much appreciated!
- All existing players have been given a 2900 shards package, to correspond with a lowered price point.
- Fixed bug where players were unable to claim their gold from the Black Market.
- Fixed missing idol textures in some daily trials.
Batch o' Balance
December 3, 2014 - Changelog 0.135.2 (client 135)
- Healing a unit now removes any poison effects on it.
- Bombard (Energy): Now has an Inferno Blast-like area.
- Machinated (Energy): Now doubles base Countdown of enchanted unit (used to give +1).
- Gravelock Elder (Energy): No longer gives +1 Attack to other Gravelocks (still gives +1 Health).
- Gravelock Burrows (Energy): Reworked: Linger 4. When a Gravelock you control is dealt damage, your other Gravelocks get +1 Attack until end of your turn.
- Effigy of the Queen (Order): No longer has Ward.
- Pilgrim's Feet (Order): No longer gives Magic resistance.
- Vengeance Veil (Order): Now decreases Countdown by 2 (was 1).
- Grounds of the Fallen (Order): Now only affects Humans.
- Fields of Strife (Order): Linger 4 (was 3).
- Caravans of the Expanse (Order): Linger 5 (was 4).
- Banner of Ordinance (Order): Reworked: 0/1/3. Ability: When Countdown is 0, you may sacrifice Banner of Ordinance to destroy all Lingering spells and heal adjacent units by 1.
- Bloodline Taint (Decay): Cost 2 (was 4), Curse 1 (was 2).
- Cursed Presence (Decay): Curse 3 (was 4).
- Return to Nature (Decay): Cost 3 (was 2), no longer has Taxing.
- Forbidden Ruins (Decay): Linger 5 (was 3).
- Invocation Sentry (Decay): When a Lingering spell is played, a random opponent idol is dealt 2 damage.
- Festering Freak (Decay): 2 Attack (was 1), 3 Health (was 2).
- Brain Lice (Decay): Cost 3 (was 4).
- Pest Dissimulator (Decay): Cost 4 (was 5).
- Soul Scrounger (Decay): Cost 2 (was 3).
- Anima Conduit (Decay): 4 Health (was 3).
- Elan Vital (Growth): No longer gives Magic resistance.
- Illthorn (Growth): 4 Health (was 3).
- Vitriol Aura (Growth): Reworked: When enchanted creature deals damage to another creature, that creature becomes poisoned.
- Seed of Insurgency (Growth): Cost 4 (was 5).
- Junkyard (Growth): Now gives +1 Attack and +1 Health to Rats (used to only give Health).
- Clandestine Orchard (Growth): Linger 5 (was 4).
- Fjords of Vigor (Growth): Reworked: Cost 2. Linger 4. Units you control costing 3 or less have +1 Attack.
- Order's Ducal units have new artwork.
- The AI now understands Halls of Oum Lasa.
- The second player is now shown their hand immediately when the game starts.
- Fixes to the new tutorials.
Post-Waypoints: Tweaks 2
November 21, 2014 - Changelog 0.135.0 (client 135)
- This patch includes changes to damage types and Wild. We're rolling this out in preparation for the approaching release. This patch does not include a significant amount of balance changes, but we're hoping to make a balance patch to compensate soon.
- Added daily trials (easy/medium/hard).
- We've put damage into four distinct damage types: Physical, Magic, Poison and Pure.
- Units deal physical damage in combat. All other damage is explicitly specified.
- Physical damage is reduced by Armor and increased by Curse.
- Magic damage is reduced by Magic resistance.
- Poison ignores Armor and Magic resistance, and is increased by Curse.
- Pure damage cannot be reduced by anything (though it can be disregarded with Plating).
- In preparation for the release, Wild is once more capped at 1x your lowest resource. We fill this is our safest way to guarantee fun decks for the time being.
New AI decks
- The Hard AI brings new decks to the battlefield! Thanks to Blinky for helping out.
- We've added a number of new tutorials for explaining various concepts within the game. Thanks to our wonderful community for the contributions!
- Added achievements for buying and selling scrolls on the Black Market.
- Added an achievement for completing 50 trials.
- Achievements are now properly updated when cards are received from the Black Market.
- Changed to deal physical damage: Rigged, Hired Marksman, Proximity Charge, Irva.
- Previously dealt combat damage (now physical): Electrify, Gravelock Guard, Supercharged, Charge Coil, Ether Pump.
- Gallant Defender (Order): Is no longer a Soldier.
- Pushback (Order): Fixed bug where using it on your own units would give the scroll to your opponent.
- Existing non-combat damage scrolls (except poison) deal magic damage.
- The profanity filter now properly detects bad words affixed with punctuation and similar.
- Clicking an offline friend in the friends list now lets you bring up their profile.
- Removed Herobrine.
- Removed  and <> around certain keywords in trait tooltips.
- Live matches should no longer get stuck in the 'Watch live games' view.
- Announcements and whispers no longer automatically become lowercase.
- Sifted tier 3 scrolls now give gold rewards just like drawn scrolls.
- Unit previews (before the animation is loaded) should now be properly positioned and scaled.
- We've optimized our animation format for load speed.
Post-Waypoints: Tweaks 1
October 10, 2014 - Changelog 0.133.0 (client 133)
- Now shows how many scrolls you own in the buy view
- The buy list can now be sorted by name, cost or price (still grouped by faction)
- When selling scrolls, the popup now shows your share of the proceeds (price minus the fence's cut)
- The '#:'' filter now works in the buy view, filtering based on how many you own
- Now lets you view scroll stats for scrolls you're selling, and owner history for scrolls you're buying
- Added 'gold' or 'g:' filter to the buy view. Example: g:200- r:rare.
- Other minor UI tweaks.
- Curse now only increases combat damage and poison damage. Thanks TheTomatoTaco for the suggestion!
- Made the following Scrolls deal pure (unreduced) damage: Wildling, Animovore, Earthborn Mystic, Faith Duty, Vengeful Vaettr, Anima Conduit. Added corresponding explanation text.
- Death Cap Berserk (Growth): Fixed damage not being dealt at the right times.
- Overdrive (Energy): Fixed damage not being dealt at the right times.
- Pushback (Order): Now works on your own units as well.
- Cursed Presence (Decay): Now works on your own units as well.
- Traits are now included on the rules explanation page of relevant Scrolls.
- Units stats are now shown per default when first playing the game (as if Ctrl was pressed).
- Clicking on an achievement notification now takes you to the achievement list on your profile page.
- New decks (starters and store decks) are now nicely laid out on the table.
- Tweets on the splash page can now be clicked to bring them up in a browser.
- When clicking an achievement notification, the profile page now scrolls to that achievement in the list.
- Fixed bug where saved credit cards did not work using the new launcher.
- Fixed login issues when using both new and old launchers on the same machine.
- Game no longer shows up as completely black the first time it's started using a new install.
- Fixed an issue with clicking notifications in spectate mode.
- Fixed chat message and chat highlight sound settings not being loaded correctly.
- Tutorials now properly give gold rewards, and get marked as done after having been completed.
- Fixed bug where double clicking 'claim gold' in the black market caused a disconnect.
- Fixed 'cannibalistic spearmen', where units in your hand would sometimes disappear.
- Fixed crafted cards not showing up as upgraded and title text not fading correctly.
- Fixed bug where mulligan buttons would sometimes not appear.
- Fixed a small visual glitch where you could sometimes see through scrolls just above the card art.
Waypoints: balance and bug fixes 1
September 26, 2014 - Changelog 0.131.1 (client 131)
- Ancestral Pact (Growth): Linger 4 (was 3), counts down by 1 when triggered.
- Snargl Omelette (Energy): 3 Health (was 4).
- Gravelock Freak (Energy): Cost 6 (was 5).
- Wings Spear (Order): Now increases Spiky by 3 (was 2) when Dominion is active.
- Brain Lice (Decay): Cost 4 (was 3).
- When losing a Trial you haven't yet beaten, you now gain gold as when losing against the AI, minus the idol bonus.
- Banner of Ordinance (Order): Fixed crash bug when removing Lingering spells.
Waypoints and Black Market
September 23, 2014 - Changelog 0.131.0 (client 131)
- We've added our brand-new set, Waypoints! This includes 56 all-new scrolls and many new rules and mechanics.
- Added Lingering spells. These are spells that stay next to the board and have an effect over several turns.
- Added Sifting scrolls. These use a new system for looking at a number of scrolls and picking some of them.
- Explorer's packs have been updated to Waypoints (no longer has increased chance to give Rebellion scrolls).
- Added the Black Market. This is a player-driven marketplace for Scrolls that's accessible from within the Store. The Black Market lets you buy and sell scrolls even when the seller is offline.
- Added 10 new trials. In some of these trials, you will be using a fixed deck instead of choosing your own.
- The arena has been given a new look, and single player quick match has been renamed to Skirmish. This overhaul is still work in progress.
- Added help texts for game modes in the Arena.
- Reverted back to using entirely randomized rarities instead of having fixed rarity rows.
- Increased gold rewards to 2500/1500/1000/500/250/100 (was 1600/1000/800/400/200/100).
- You can now click certain scrolls to bring up more detailed rules. One or more highlighted words in the scroll rules indicates when this is possible.
- Added a profanity filter to the chat. This uses black listed words compiled from several sources. If you find any words that should not be in the black list, please report them to a moderator.
- Testing Grounds have been removed and replaced by Quick Match. As the test server is now open for everyone on Mondays, we'll run future tests there instead.
- Added new guide popups that are shown the first time you view the Arena, Deck Builder, Crafting, Store or Profile pages. These can be brought up again by clicking the page's name while on it.
- Gold gain in regular matches has been increased by 25%.
- You can now sacrifice for Wild up to double your lowest resource (in other words, having 2G and 2O lets you get 4W). Thanks to Newbore for the suggestion!
- Abilities can now be used any number of times per turn (unless rules specify otherwise).
- Attack and Health values on units are now tinted when their value has been increased above or below the unit's default value.
- Curse and Poison are now effects instead of enchantments. Purification, Unbind and Wings Sorceress can now remove effects as well as enchantments.
- When an ability is used, an effect is shown on the user and target of the ability.
- Enchanted units now have a slight additional glow.
- Relentless units now deal minimum required damage to destroy Cursed units.
- New trait: Idol strike X: Deals X extra damage to idols.
- New trait: Regeneration X: Heals X at the beginning of each of your turns.
- Poison: Now lasts until purified or unit dies.
- Flying: Now lets a unit move anywhere, but have its Countdown increased by 1 if moving to a non-adjacent tile.
- Rat King (Growth): Now summons rats within an Inferno Blast-like area instead of on target tile and its neighbors.
- Ancestral Pact (Growth): Cost 4 (was 3), now has Linger 3.
- Sister of the Owl (Growth): Cost 6 (was 5), 3 Attack (was 2), 5 Health (was 4). No longer increases Health when Owls die.
- Berserker (Growth): Regeneration 1.
- Bountiful Times (Growth): Now decreases countdown by 2 (was 1), only affects other bunnies.
- Death Cap Berserk (Growth): Damage reduced to 1 (was 2).
- Earthbond (Growth): Redesigned. Cost 2. Gives 2 Health, Magic armor 1.
- Elan Vital (Growth): Regeneration 1.
- Kinfolk Jarl (Growth): 4 Attack (was 3).
- Leeching Ring (Growth): Always heals for 2, no longer has Magic armor.
- Eternal Statue (Growth): Regeneration 1.
- Mangy Wolf (Growth): Cost 3 (was 4), no longer heals on attacking.
- Noaidi (Growth): Redesigned. Now has Replenish. Thanks Blinky!
- Hymn (Growth): Now fully heals target unit (was 3).
- Owl (Growth): Cost 2. Uses new Flying trait.
- Skythorn (Growth): Countdown 4 (was 6).
- Jarl Urhald (Growth): Cost 8 (was 9).
- Oak Blood (Growth): No longer has Magic armor (was 1).
- Miasma Well (Decay): Redesigned. Has Countdown 1, and deals 1 poison damage to poisoned units when Countdown becomes 0.
- Mire Shambler (Decay): Fixed bug where its move would not trigger after walking.
- Monstrosity (Decay): Redesigned. Cost 3. 3/2/3. +1 Attack for each adjacent Monstrosity, -1 Attack for other adjacent creatures.
- Monstrous Brood (Decay): Can no longer target structures or opponent units.
- Blightbearer (Decay): Cost 4 (was 3).
- Blade Husk (Decay): 5 Attack (was 4).
- Illmire Hunter (Decay): 4 Health (was 5).
- Shroud of Unlife (Decay): Enchanted unit now counts as Undead.
- Life Stealer (Decay): Now heals by 2 when it damages another unit.
- Malevolent Gaze (Decay): Now reduces Move by 2 until end of turn, gives Curse 2, no longer has dominion.
- Pest Dissimulator (Decay): Cost 5 (was 4).
- Hex Marks (Decay): Idol strike 3.
- Stitcher (Decay): 4 Health (was 3).
- Unbind (Decay): Redesigned. Cost 2: Now removes all enchantments from target unit, and increases its Countdown by 1.
- Uneasy Alliance (Decay): Attack is now always increased by 2 (was variable). When the unit is destroyed, all other creatures with Uneasy Alliance are destroyed.
- Wicked Being (Decay): No longer Curses attacker. Has Unstable 2.
- Nuru, Flesh-Seamstress (Decay): 7 Health (was 6).
- Cursed Presence (Decay): Is now a spell, gives Curse 4 on target unit.
- Void Gate (Decay): New animation.
- Corrode (Energy): Now gives double damage to both players' units, draw scroll if idol is destroyed on either side.
- Echomaton (Energy): Now triggers on 3 or more attack (instead of 2 or more).
- Fulmination Conduit (Energy): Countdown 2 (was 1).
- Iron Ogre (Energy): 8 Attack (was 7).
- Machine Priest (Energy): Redesigned. Cost 3: Structures and Automatons have their Attack increased by 1.
- Overdrive (Energy): Damage reduced to 1 (was 2).
- Power Trip (Energy): Now draws a scroll if current Energy is 11 or more after using it.
- Siege Cracker (Energy): Idol strike 5.
- Roasted Bean Potion (Order): Is now a spell. Move increase lasts until end of turn.
- Wings Warder (Order): No longer relies on Countdown 1 or less to work.
- Cay, Royal Envoy (Order): 7 Health (was 6).
- Righteous Partisan (Order): Redesigned. Cost 3: 3/2/3. When Righteous Partisan comes into play, if you no more units than your opponent, draw 1 scroll.
- Gallant Defender (Order): Now has armor while the number of units is equal or less than your opponent's.
- Knight Scholar (Order): 4 Health (was 5).
- Ruse (Order): Reworked: Cost 2. Linger 4. Your creatures have Spiky 1.
- Sinmarked Zealot (Order): 2 Health (was 1).
- Eternal Sword (Order): No longer gives Health (was 1). Now transfers properly even when unit is destroyed by death effects.
- Scroll art has been updated for improved readability.
- Added ingame descriptions for the following concepts: Base Countdown, Lingering spells, Move, melee combat, poison, current resources, healing, effects, Dominion, Pillage, Curse, Armor, Magic armor, Relentless, Piercing, Ward, Sift, curse triggering and pseudo-random countdown selection.
- Added short ingame descriptions for summoned creatures: Illthorn, Husk, Nog, Mangy Rat, Beast Rat, Gun Automaton, Bunny, Monstrosity, Ragged Wolf, Owl, Mire Shambler and Revenant.
- Hitting Ctrl+S in the deck builder now brings up the save dialog.
- Abilities can now be used any number of times per turn unless rules say otherwise.
- Adjusted wordings on a great number of scrolls for consistency and clarity. Attack/Health boosts, Countdown reduction, resource increase, damage dealing, while in play' modifiers and the use of gain/get have all been standardized.
- Non-video settings are now saved per profile instead of per computer.
- Added a sign out button to the splash page.
- Added a code of conduct button to the splash page.
- Added a 'Forgot your password' button that shows up if you enter an incorrect password.
- Enchantment tabs on scrolls are now more tightly squeezed together if you have too many.
- Trial bosses now have a Boss enchantment tab.
- The game client now has a new icon to separate it from the launcher.
- Hitting the left and right arrows in the deck builder now scrolls the library correspondingly.
- The deck builder now properly remembers the deck's name even when it's just been saved for the first time
- Hitting the up arrow in the chat now puts your most recent message in the text field
- Running the game with the old launcher now fully supports remembering login (using tokens - your password is never stored).
- Can now choose to use a fixed battlemode background.
- If one player fails to enter a match, neither player is given a victory or loss.
- Fixed a bug where hovering traits on scrolls would sometimes behave incorrectly.
- Now properly showing the highlight around library/graveyard when sacrificing for scrolls.
- Attack glow is no longer always turned off when an ability is used (for example if a Gravelock Outcast has 0 CD).
- Fixed bug where Judgement rewards scroll picking animation would be in the wrong place.
- Now properly giving owner history to upgraded scrolls when buying Explorer's packs and face up cards.
- Starter deck achievements now properly show how many more matches you need to win to unlock the decks.
Starters, sounds, balance tweaks
June 18, 2014 - Changelog 0.124.0 (client 124)
- The test server is now open for everyone on mondays, CET/CEST.
- All players now start with a new Growth starter deck. Three other starter decks (one for each remaining faction) can be earned by playing matches.
- Added a second tutorial.
- Improved visual feedback when opponent uses spells, enchantments and abilities.
- Decks can now be imported and exported in the deck builder. If you try to import a deck and don't own all the scrolls, the game will tell you which you're missing.
- Added card owner history to card stats.
- Added ca 40 new sounds.
- Replenish: When this scroll is played, your current Wild is increased equal to the scroll's cost.
- Resonance: [Action]: When you play a Spell, [Action] happens.
- Magic armor X: All non-combat damage dealt to unit is reduced by X.
- Unstable X: When unit is destroyed, it deals X damage to your opponent's idol on the same row.
- Taxing X: When this scroll is played, subsequent castings of scrolls with the same name have their cost increased by X. Thanks to Squiddybiscuit for the suggestion.
- Quake (Growth): Cost 5 (was 6), added Taxing: 2.
- Violent Dispersal (Energy): Now deals 8 damage instead of destroying its target immediately.
- Damning Curse (Decay): Added Taxing: 1.
- Puppet Soldier (Decay): Now only triggers on combat damage.
- Darkstrike (Energy): Cost 4 (was 3).
- Vigor Extraction (Order): Cost 3 (was 2).
- Return to Nature (Decay): Added Taxing: 1.
- Energy Siphon (Decay): Now increases current Energy by 3 instead of Energy by 1.
- Leeching Ring (Growth): Added Magic armor 1.
- Elan Vital (Growth): Added Magic armor 1.
- Oak Blood (Growth): Added Magic armor 1.
- Appurtenance (Growth): Added Replenish.
- Bloodboil (Growth): Cost 2 (was 1), added Replenish.
- Seed of Insurgency (Growth): Cost 5 (was 6).
- Unleash Inner Power (Growth): Cost 3 (was 4).
- Binding Root (Growth): Now decreases Move by 2 (was 1).
- Rigged (Energy): Added Unstable 1.
- Plating (Energy): Cost 2 (was 1), added Replenish.
- Resonant Helm (Order): Magic armor 1. Resonance: Enchanted unit is Healed by 2. Castable on both sides.
- Faith Chains (Order): Cost 2 (was 3).
- Soldier's Bond (Order): Added Replenish.
- Pilgrim's Feet (Order): Added Magic armor 1.
- Vengeance Veil (Order): Cost 2 (was 1), added Replenish.
- Stifled Advance (Order): Added "When Stifled Advance comes into play, enchanted unit's Countdown is increased by 1.".
- Wicked Being (Decay): Curse 3 (was 2), added Unstable 1.
- Reaping Mask (Decay): Now always gives +3 Attack and Health, added Unstable 3.
- Pestis (Decay): Cost 2 (was 3).
- Morbid Curiosity (Decay): Cost 2 (was 4).
- Cursed Presence (Decay): Now gives Curse 2 against creatures, 4 against structures (was 1 / 2).
- Essence Feast (Growth): Cost 2 (was 4).
- Wildling (Growth): Cost 3 (was 4).
- Echomaton (Energy): Now triggers on Attack 4+, but gets Attack before being destroyed by an opponent spell.
- Wings Captain (Order): Attack 3 (was 4).
- Wings Warder (Order): Ward now applies only to other units on the row (no longer affects self).
- Woodland Memorial (Order): Now triggers if you destroy it with a damage spell.
- Loyal Darkling (Decay): Uses new Unstable 2 trait.
- The card stats view is now a separate "page" on the scroll that can be shown instead of the rules.
- AI improvements.
- When selecting a scroll, other scrolls will have their costs grayed out if they can't be played after the selected one.
- Added animation for when units are cursed.
- Added new animation for generic area effects.
- Watch games list is now sorted by rating per default.
- Locked scrolls can now be upgraded if combined with two non-locked ones.
- Screenshot are now automatically saved to disk when pressing F5 or Print Screen.
- Added deck filtering to "choose deck" popups.
- Added 15 new Hard AI decks. Thanks to Blinky for providing the new Hard AI decks introduced with last patch. Additional thanks to Rotzbengel and Sysp for design on the DO Poison and GO Joes decks.
- Added /mods command to list currently online moderators.
- Added some moderator commands and functionality.
- Fixed resolution issues in rank display.
- Purifying Nuru's Needle now properly restores Move.
- Tutorial games can no longer be spectated.
- Owls no longer betray players.
- Metal Wonder now deals its damage even if killed by spell damage.
- Fixed issues with Void Gate/Blast Strike and Woodland Memorial.
- Fixed bug where player could be unable to sacrifice after doing a mulligan.
- The achievements for unlocking new starter decks are not correctly updated in the achievements list. The unlocking itself works as intended.
- Scrolls with Taxing get incorrect costs in the card history.
Wild, medals, and more!
May 12, 2014 - Changelog 0.121.0 (client 121)
- Reworked the ranking system. Players can now earn one of twelve different rank medals. The game no longer shows others your exact rating or ranking. Players can still see their own rating, but not their ranking. The top 100 list still remains.
- Removed old tutorial, and added first of two new tutorials; the second is coming later.
- Updated the post-match screen. Now has new layout, lets you rate match enjoyment, and shows new player ranks in ranked matches.
- The AI is now a touch more sentient. Prepare to get talked down!
- Added the four competition winner scrolls: Skythorn, Oculus Cannon, Void Gate and Eternal Sword.
- Desert Memorial (Order): 0/-/4, cost 3. When Desert Memorial is destroyed, increase Energy by 1.
- Woodland Memorial (Order): 0/-/1, cost 2. When you play a Spell or Enchantment, Woodland Memorial is destroyed. Increase Growth by 1.
- Law Memorial (Energy): 0/2/4, cost 2. When Law Memorial's Countdown becomes 0, it's destroyed and Order is increased by 1.
- Tribal Memorial (Energy): 0/-/3, cost 1. Pay 2 Energy to destroy Tribal Memorial and increase Growth by 1.
- Stone Pact Memorial (Growth): 0/-/2, cost 3. When Stone Pact Memorial comes into play, increase Order by 1.
- Sand Pact Memorial (Growth): 0/-/1, cost 3. When Sand Pact Memorial comes into play, increase your current Energy by 5.
- Sister of the Owl (Growth): Now costs 5, summons only one Owl.
- Owl (Growth): Is now 1/1/1 with Flying (move anywhere on board). When Owl moves, increase Countdown by 1.
- Arhart's Disciple (Decay): Now deals idol damage when damaging another unit, instead of when destroying one.
- Cannon Automaton (Energy): Updated graphics.
- Scrolls that prevent targeting by Spells/Enchantments/Abilities have been unified. They now all use the new "Ward" trait, which applies to opponent Spells and Enchantments.
- Wild is now enabled across all game modes.
- Added resource scroll filter (f:, faction:, res: or resource:). Multiple resources are separated by commas (for example f:g,o).
- We've added new animations for attacks, as well as improved screenshake behaviour.
- You can now begin watching a match before the five-minute waiting period is over. This will take you to an empty battle screen.
- We're experimenting with hand limits; you can currently sacrifice for scrolls only if you have 7 or less scrolls in hand.
- The in-game chat has been moved up, so that it doesn't obscure the End Turn button.
- Added "Tips & tricks" button next to "Watch live games".
- The AI has been improved.
- Surrendering no longer forces you to wait for your turn.
- Added and removed Herobrine.